Saturday, August 7, 2010

Darktide Tricks for the early levels: Part 3


A couple more tricks:



  • Whats the best experience? SPEED. Kill enemy that doesn't hurt you too bad in vast quantity. There is an experience cap for each level. At 15 I was able to kill level 19 mobs while buffed. However, the experience for 19s was the same as 17s + or - a 5% or so.

  • I was pretty much able to level 15-19 killing level 16-17 enemies.

  • You get your class ship at 19, but you get enough points to use it at 15. This lets you stack points into another line if you like. I personally got the commander heal completely unlocked. Not a great heal, but helpful.

  • The Destroyer ship at 19 is kinda lackluster. I really don't know which is the best class to play yet. I have almost the entire Destroyer tree opened, and its seems kinda less useful. I mostly fight at medium range, so it's hard to figure out what is the best class to run in the release game.

  • 100 wood is the number to save for to get the ship at 19. It's actually pretty easy, I had 200.

  • Everytime you get a BLUE or PURPLE drop, thats a nice crew member, or a decent cannon. I love seeing those drop. By level 19, I had only seen two purples and about 20 blues. However, as I don't mind buying "Saga Credits" I never had a lot of trouble upgrading my ship without those drops. I think for people playing for free, you will definitely need to farm a lot for your upgrades. At 19, I still had a lot of level 7 and 9 cannons and crew on my ship. Theres a HUGE damage upgrade between 19 cannons and 9 cannons. Almost 3 times damage.

  • Some crew are just plain better then their alternatives. Orc Snipers seem to have the better stats from when I went to the merchant isles. I assume most of the crew are placeholders now, after all its beta right.

No comments: