Thursday, June 26, 2008

World Nation Icon Screen?

One thing I was thinking about was the one of the things I miss in Saga vs other games is the ability to see the other cities people have build. At first I didn't realize why this was important, then I remember how much time I would spend looking at the Shadowbane map to determine which cities I wanted to attack :)





Here is a link of what it looked like in Shadowbane:



You could pull up the map and if you moused over a nation it would show you the Nation and the Faction. They would also show the flag icon for the nation based on the level of the city at different sizes. So as you can see from above, the bigger cities icons were the highest level.

This was pretty nice, it made deciding who to fight very fun.

I don't like to bother developers with pie in the sky suggestions, I often believe they are so busy that it is often a burden, but after figuring out what I was missing in Saga, I did figure it meritted a Blog post.

No comments: