Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rating means nothing, PvP for fun

https://www.playsaga.com/mn_rankings.php


"Another interesting, upcoming tidbit would be the breakdown of rating and tournament rating. We’re hoping to separate the two out so players can better assess their competition. While it will remain possible to a degree to exploit/abuse the rating, your tournament rating will be much harder to compromise. " - http://monkscorner.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/upcoming-pvp-and-balance-changes/



• Am I allowed to have more than one nation/account? •
Yes and yes. You are allowed to have up to two accounts, and each account has space for up to five nations. Our system periodically checks for abuse of this policy, and having any more than two accounts may trigger banning. -
http://www.playsaga.com/faq.php?faq_id=44


You can do whatever in game things you want with your accounts. - Monk - https://www.playsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4806&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15


  • Rating means nothing. I was able to level my troops fighting in PvP for a 10% experience bonus, playing my girlfriend while watching TV.
  • I got my rating on my CCIE account to over 2000. This was done mainly for testing, and to expose for once that rating is not an indication of skill and prowness in Saga. (I testify to the fact that I my PvP skill is not reflective of this rating.)
  • I've found that people with 1100+ rating won't play someone they think they might lose to. It's like they think that rating matter? Considering it has taken me about 4 days to out rank everyone in the game, LEGALLY as you can tell from the above quotes, I think we can put the whole rating thing to bed.
  • Stop worring about it, and play!
  • As Monk says, rating will matter for TOURNEYMENTS not for causal PvP.
  • PvP is really fun, a great way to level nation and troops without doing quests. I found it the most fun when I had a troop that was hard to level like Ballistas or Cherbus.
  • Did I mention it might be the fastest way to level from 18-25?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You spent 4 days proving that ratings mean nothing on saga.OMG YOU FUCKING LOSER !!! GET A JOB

CCIE said...

So much hate!

Anonymous said...

ancestral is a nub. :P
Good job Ccie!