Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A lot of Tournament bugs still plaguing the system

Illian posted a good post on Tourney bugs:

https://www.playsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7375

"1. Point system is horrible. Right now its whoever can kill the ENTIRE enemy
unit. - 5 pts per killing entire enemy unit (counts if the enemy retreats his
unit). However, having a healing unit or garrisionning will keep you from losing
the negative five points and this AGAIN favors the defender. I like to attack in
tournaments but right now.. the biggest advantage is to the defender in points,
dam from towers, and WAYY closer deployment zone. The point system needs to be
addressed greatly especially with how it calculates. For one, killing an entire
unit takes 5 poitns but a healing unit healing an entire can return anywherefrom
5-25 pts! The poitn system needs a major overhaul.

2. Healing bug still
there. They said this was fixed.. yea right.. it was like they said it as fixed
to shut us up because NOTHING about healing = massive point gain even after full
health units was not even addressed/fixed. Basically.. if the point system is
only focusing on units killed.. you just left it to whoever has the healer
becomes the advantaged defende that is most likely to win. Id rather had 3
faction units with a healer instead one with 8 faction units. And id probably
win...

3. The forfeit bug is still there despite me and my guildies
attempt at reporting it SEVERAL times. Then tournaments come back up with the
announcement that Saga believes it is bug free... there hasn even been any real
FIXES!!! The forfeit bug happens due to the fact that there is a leak in the
structure. If u forfeit or someone else does.. there is a hole where u can join
otehr tournaments u already forfeited and that battle can overlap the current
one. This can cause big problems for example. I forfeited my first tourney
today.. i made it ot the final on my second tournament and my enemy was suppose
to be pacfist. However, somehow i played this guy naed xenophobe (dunno if he
was from another match or my old one), but i beat him and it counted as my final
match up! i didnt even play pacifist and it said i beat him. "

This happened to me a couple times with the forfeit. I didn't like my cards after a win, so I forfeit, then it showed 3 tourney games up for me.

Also defending is VERY much stronger then attacking. I never attack now, it's game over if I lose without getting a tower.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Defending is a lot stronger, but attacking cautiously is also very good. You don't have to charge in head first to be attacking. =)

Sitting in your own base for the duration of the game is extreme defending.

CCIE said...

I just dont think its worth the risk attacking in most fights.

Boring defense games are boring, but a win is a win.

Anonymous said...

I'm a very aggressive player, and the only win that I've received was against a rather poor opponent. In it's current state, I don't find sealed tournies very appealing. Of course I'll play if I'm buying packs anyway and have the time and tickets; but I'm not going out of my way for them ATM.