Thursday, July 17, 2008

Example City Walls for Free Build

After many attempts and serveral mistakes, here is what I am sticking with for my wall on my Nature nation.

Here are some of the constaints I went with in my build.

  • I wanted to use all 100 of the wall segments. This is alot, so I divided it into an outer wall perimeter and an inter castle protecting my storehouses.
  • I wanted to use the nature borders of my city map to stop ground units. As you can tell, I use the moat and the river to stop ground attackers.
  • I wanted to go as close the perimeter of my lands as possible. Nature is a ranged army, to have treants, longbowmen and Ballistas defending my walls would be a nice defense.
  • I wanted to space my gates to have sally points for counterattackes with mounted unit.
  • I wanted to defend as many buildings inside my walls as possible. I got at least 1 shrine defended, so no shrine rushing

Anyway, enough talk, check out the video.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'd pay anything to have a home city map like that.

Machine Nation home city map sucks.

Brad said...

Nice, I like it :D

CCIE said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

It looks nice from one end but the other is wide open.Not bad though.If you wanna see mine feel free to pvp me even scrimmage if you want just pm me.

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes i missed the water too much brews here , nice.If you still wanna look at mine and make fun of it pm me lol