Monday, July 14, 2008

How many units is too many?

So collecting units and training, equiping, building units is part of the end-game at 35.

There are other end-games, but that is the one I'm stuck on right this second.

So how many units is enough?


  • Above are my six lightning elementals: Probably the best counter unit in the game for Nature.
  • Eats up so many different type of troops. If you wear chain/plate, you are in trouble if these are nearby.
  • And being a 6 CP troop they last along time doing near max damage.
  • They aren't infantry or mounted, or machine, so until an anti-elemental card comes out, their counter is Heavy Cav, which they have a good chance of swapping damage with.



    Obviously to farm certain missions for gold or items I can get by with a very few number of each unit. There also is a cap on units, 1050 CP for 5 armies so 5250 CP.

    Twonstermonter recently noted in Conflict that he had "24 eagles". Or six units. Assuming one unit per each of his four wilderness, that leaves 2 in his main army, unless he cycles them in.

    I spend alot of time cycling troops in to try to find the optimum unit composition for each mission. Or if one levels, to bring in a lower level troop for exp.

    Six units of your favorite types seems like a good number for complete overkill. Even in a giant 225 CP PvP game, you probably won't have the CP to cycle more then 6 of any one type. You are limited to 3 on the deck at one time, so that's 3 more in spare.


  • Above are my six Fire Elementals: Easy to level up with a AE, and easy to gear with twelve trials. http://sagathoughts.blogspot.com/2008/07/wards-and-farming-for-treasure-from-ex.html
  • Get a nice Ward of Dragon Might on one, and a charm from the boar, they can be a good screen for your Lightning Elementals.




    Which leads me to wonder if I can play with only the all 6 CP elementals? Treants/Fire/Lightning?

    I never liked those nasty elves anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have the best Saga site going so far.Fantastic content and your game knowledge has helped me in many a PvsE quests.Please come test my wilderness troops(I have only one/wilderness/ due to lack of"real"cash)My Nation is Nature and I am Karma Good Or Bad,,,So have at me!!
Keep your great blog running,it is a must read every day for me!
Oh and anyone else reading this come raid me and help me learn the game better.
TYVM Lord Mars1