Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Espionage! Part 1 - Are Pirates or Ninjas Better?




So I espionage today until I ran out of time. I hit about 30 people with my 150 gold investment.

Who paid off?


All these guys gave me money and resources.
If you are looking to make a little bit of profit, and ALOT of drama, feel free to try the espionage lottery game:
Here is your list to start from:

Start off copy and pasting random player name into the espionage steal screen.




You pay 150 gold for your spies, sometimes you get the money back sometimes not.


There is also a cap on the number of attempts you can do on a single player per day. I can usually get 2 off successfully then the rest are failures.

Your university espionage trains help as well.
The one thing to remember is there is an artifical cap on certain players because their nations might be semi AFK or inactive. If you see a failure:

This doesn't mean their police caught you, (unlikely as most people don't field police), but instead the nation might be inactive and protected by the mighty Monk.
Drama Incoming:
  • If you DO care to do a bit of espionage, be aware of the return trip. I call it people getting "Froggy".
  • The froggy response to an espionage is either return espionage or raids. I personally plan on keeping a list of froggy nations here on the blog, for return response. In fact responding to an espionage attempt is a great way to be profiled and identified for army size and depth.
  • Obviously there will be people bigger and meaner. Or there is the fear of the zerg response. As long as it's fun, why not do it. My response the bigger meaner people is find other bigger meaner people to help fight. Or just to get bigger and meaner. It's a video game, lets have some fun.
  • Espionage is a good way to make money and resources. For a measily 150 gold I have occasional doubled my money in resources.

  • Stay tuned here at sagathoughts.blogspot.com to see what happens next, or as I espionage even more people to find out the frogs.
  • Oh, and what is better a pirate or a ninja? Vikings count as pirates, so it seems like pirates are better...

No comments: